What do we think of her?

Moderator: The Global Mods

Steffi
Creative Hubster

What do we think of her?

Post by Steffi »

My feelings are that I think she was a good choice of house mate and I find her interesting.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

She is a weird one.

She says she has spoken more in the last two weeks than the previous three months, something I can well believe. When she entered the house I thought she was some sort of aspiring mime artist and I don't think her ponderous and reluctant verbal responses and being on the social fringes is simply down to being in a foreign country.

She seems to have a boiling pot of issues, which include a melancholic perspective on life, which I suspect will come to the fore before she is evicted.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Yes!! I can't believe it, I was thinking along the same lines when she entered the house, mime artist, something circus like at any rate.

I know what you mean about the melancholy too.

She reacted extremely forcefully over the "missing" cider issue, kicking over a chair when it was discovered that it was still in the fridge after she had been asked if she knew anything about it. I stress "asked" because she was not accused. The display of temper was ridiculous I thought, she is too serious for me to like overmuch.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Yes I was suspicious it was a means to gain sympathy by advertising her hurt and the injustice, but then people who are on the social fringes do get emotional when the group seems to be attacking them. Not totally sure.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Yes it was very much a gesture of hurt and outrage at being unjustly judged as capable of taking cider.... even though she had before so it seemed logical she might have done again.

Perhaps the theatrics go hand in hand with her appearance and other odd, quirky behaviour.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Yes she is naturally melodramatic and her chair kicking was certainly more appropriate to a theatre than a living room.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

She seems to be the butt of all sorts of accusations about her character. She is being accused of stealing, stashing, lying, deviousness, selfishness and all sorts.

Alas, from the viewers perspective Angel is such an enigma and so withdrawn, it is very difficult to determine whether such things are in character or not. Her facade of weirdness might hide greater weirdness or some innocent soul and so identifying her real character is quite difficult.
Giz

Post by Giz »

If she has been living alone for a long period which she says she has, her social etiquette may have been somewhat eroded and what she does in the house "domestically" (i.e. leaving teabags around, her food issues) does not register to her as irritants to some of the others.

or she has always been selfish and untidy

Last night, I did find it strange that she had criticised all three of the girls about their weight/shapes in the two days before nominations ( I can only go by what BB have edited in the show). Was it a deliberate ploy to get nominated, she did have a satisfied smirk on her face when told by BB she was up for eviction
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I don't know Giz. I think there is a lot going on that i've been unaware of which came through in the almost identical nominations.

She does come across as above such trivia as putting tea bags into the bin and perhaps her comments about the other girls' figures is meant to hurt as they have hurt her with their bickering and back stabbing over what really is nonsense. Can nobody just say "Angel would you mind putting your tea bags into the bin hun?" They have all taken the piss out of her and accused her of attention seeking because she gets naked to swim in the pool. Not one person has spoken to her face about what she does or shown an interest in why and the constant looks of judgement from the other women are bound to grate.
Noireen in fact sneers more than any of them. She looked as though just mentioning Angel's make up bag was going to bring her out in a rash.
I don't agree with anybody taking or borrowing belongings without asking and I cannot understand why none of the girls have just said so to her face instead of wittering on behind her back. If somebody doesn't like something they should just say so. It's clearly obvious that Angel doesn't operate by the same "rules" they do. They need to address it.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I think Angel's weirdness and slightly threatening demeanour discourages open and friendly criticism, and, of course, none of them seem to be friends with her.

I suspect they are worried how she would react to criticism, and her theatrical response to be asked about the disappearance of some alcohol would have confirmed these worries.

And she is a boxer!
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Oh yes of course, there is all that. I forget these details sometimes!
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

She really has done it now! All that brush nicking, photograph abduction etc alienated all the hms and presumably the viewers. Angel is toast.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Yes it did, sadly :sad4:

I don't know why she does such things.

Return to “Angel”