Angel's display of carnal lust/passion

Moderator: The Global Mods

Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

She does look good in tights and a top hat!
Giz

Post by Giz »

I dont know about tights

but she looks great in stockings & suspenders

*wonders about Flossie's powers of observation*

:D
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Oooh I don't think she looks anything like Marlene - facially that is. When I was at art college people used to say I looked like Marlene Dietrich. I was better looking then and dressed much more theatrically. I would have "killed" for a top hat in those days.
Giz

Post by Giz »

clap: clap:

you still have her look, facially & your hair
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Not really Giz... any more ....... but thanks for the compliment :D
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Giz wrote:I dont know about tights

but she looks great in stockings & suspenders

*wonders about Flossie's powers of observation*

:D
*purchases "Guarantee a pass in your exams: Women's Underwear - Lower body A level"*
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

So she has behaved like all unrequited lovers, she is now attacking the thing she loves after she is rejected. Poor Noirin! She has made another enemy through simply not returning the love poured upon her! She must wonder what she is doing wrong and whether she ought to be less attractive. Macrus will be the next jilted lover!
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

You seem to know a lot about unrequited love Flossie! :o Or you think you do at any rate.

Noireen and Marcus have bonded over their mutual dislike of Sree. The strongest group in the house have no problem with him. I don't know how much further her feelings for Marcus go, but she enjoys flirting with him and will often be seen playing with his hair, an intimate gesture. I think if she doesn't like him that way she should stop doing that sort of thing as it is misleading and will cause hurt.

It's understandable that she doesn't return Angel's affections. Firstly, does she know Angel likes her that way? secondly, she is straight, something which Angel should be aware of.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

My psycholgical insights and evidence on reality shows have demonstrated to me the much travelled narrative of unrequited love :D

I am glad to say that I have never followed such a narrative 8)
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I can say that I have been unfortunate in this area and I can say that it never made me angry with the person/people I had feelings for, but when it was really strong it made me feel hollow and empty and like I was carrying around rocks in my stomach all the time. It was the first thing I thought of when waking up and the last thing I thought of when falling asleep and made me feel like an husk that could be crushed underfoot and blown away. You might think that sounds melodramatic, but it was how I have felt *shrug*. It doesn't make me less of a person. It's just how some people manage to affect you until it passes with time. Nobody was ever horrible to me they just didn't feel as strongly - or just wanted to be friends.

It would be interesting to know what Angel actually does feel. I am pretty sure it isn't love.

The comments to the girls could have been shrugged off as is most of her unusual crazy behaviour. How could they believe it? They are all perfect specimens od womanhood.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

When I said I didn't follow the narrative, there was one occasion that I was infatuated but alas the feelings weren't quite mutual, and the circumstances didn't really allow it. But I was never resentful either. I think less well developed people, such as Sree obviously don't have any emotional maturity.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

That's kind of like a possessive feeling then which Sree has, do you think? Or a controlling one? Love is too sweet an emotion to be what he feels.

My love for our big cat Jackson is a little bit unrequited but because he is a cat and I expect it to be that way, I just pine a little and am resigned to it :D

Wait a minute! What about Shell? And Gwynny? And Helena? ;) :D
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I've just watched tonight and I understand now about Angel's feelings for Noireen and how she finds herself tongue tied or blurting out inappropriate things because of the way she feels as she explained herself quite well in the Diary room.

I'm not excusing her behaviour by the way or her comments, but I do think she is having real trouble being able to convey what she wants and obviously taking things without asking is never going to go down well so I don't know why she has been doing that. It seems to be a pattern.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I think when someone's love is unrequited and that someone can't take rejection, they will resent the pain of rejection and wish to inflict some similar pain on the object of their affections, and that usually manifests itself in some ridiculous attempts to denigrate and demean that object and to ensure that the someone cannot be ignored - the very worst treatment when one's ego is taking a pummelling.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I didn't see it like that. I think if that were the case we would have seen some anger in her face or spite perhaps. I see a sad woman who has been alone for a long time, annoyed with herself for developing feelings for Noirin because love is irrational and uncontrollable and she can't have those feelings reciprocated as Noirin is straight. She can't communicate her feelings as she knows she will be rejected. However, she wants to spend time with Noirin and working out would have made that possible at least. Her comments about Noirin not taking so much care of her appearance made Noirin think, and she changed her dress and put on some glamourous make-up. I think Angel was suggesting to her that she should use her beauty as an asset, not hide it away.
Angel's later apology to Noirin after the "fat" comments was heartfelt. I think she has made a fool of herself with her feelings and she thinks this too and will welcome the opportunity to leave tomorrow.

Return to “Angel”