Post by Giz »

Is it attention seeking or being absolutely comfortable with her body

here is a link to her art, mainly subjects of nudes

I think some of them are quite good in a simplistic way

http://www.angelmckenzie.co.uk/angelartopt/index.html
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I don't think it's attention seeking. I think attention seeking behaviour is doing things that you wouldn't normally do, just for the sake of getting attention.

She is obviously okay about her own nudity but hasn't considered that others might not be. Personally, I wouldn't swim naked in a pool shared by other people out of respect for them as in this country/society we do see nudity as something which has no place in public or communal areas unless specified as a nudist area.

When people have streaked naked in BB (Shell) or ripped off their clothes and jumped into the pool (Bex) I have always thought of it as an act of rebellious, spontaneous, abandon and perhaps attention seeking but not in a negative way.

In Angel's case it just looks methodical and routine. Perhaps she is waiting for somebody to say to her they have a problem with it before succumbing to self consciousness.
Giz

Post by Giz »

yes it is methodical and routine in how & when (what I've seen so far) being early in the morning and late at night in seclusion. Stripping very matter of factly and then into the pool with the minimum of fuss.

It came into my head that it was just as if she was in Russia and did it as naturally as she would when she went for a swim in a lake or river
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Like most things she does, she doesn't even seem to express pleasure. One wonders if some level she is cooler than the water in the pool, with perhaps a possibility that at some deep core she is raging emotionally and will one day have to vent.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Maybe she has to harness her emotions for convention's sake and the outlet of her art is where they are expressed. "Art" being through her boxing, dance, painting/sculpting, literary skills or just her own body. I know exactly how she feels. I really really really miss being in an artist's community where there was no shame in self expression.

Return to “Angel”