Why is his analysis of social dynamics so bad?

Moderator: The Global Mods

Flossie
Site Admin

Why is his analysis of social dynamics so bad?

Post by Flossie »

Freddie seems to have the most amazing knack of ........ misanalysing social interactions and people. Presumably his inability to appreciate social dynamics and the motives of people is part of the reason he is an outsider and finds social interaction so difficult.

His basic reasoning is also deeply flawed, somewhat surprising given he is supposed to be intelligent. He reasoned that Kris was a compulsive womaniser and was faking a relationship that Kris could sell to the tabloids after leaving BB as some sort of explanation for Kris' cool behaviour to Sophie that day. Well I really don't think that Kris was advancing his chances for success in that strategy by his cool atttitide to Sophie, and it was obviously not part of some "hard to get" strategy either.

Freddie draws ridiculous conclusions from social situations repeatedly, and Saviash sensibly, as usual, observed that Freddie was basically talking bollocks and over analysing the situation. Saviash suggested that one possible cause for Freddie's recent mistaken analysis may have been a paranoia brought on by desperation to avoid being nominated for a fourth time, and he may be right, but that still wouldn't explain Freddie's poor analysis throughout his time in the house.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I actually really like Freddie..... I don't know what to write here yet ...
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

He is harmless and means well, but he is a pillock!

And his exaggerated mannerisms of contentment are very annoying.

"Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww, uuuummmm... that was so great"
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Forgive me for saying this but Rachel was the same when she ate! :o She would rock around on a chair looking like Meg Ryan in a restaurant crying out "Yes.... yes.... YES!!!" whilst eating a bowl of chick peas.. :? I didn't really like that either nor do I like it when my fil does this so I can understand that but I think it's less offensive than some things happening in the house.

Freddie is also the butt of much hilarity, targeted for reasons such as his accent which sets him apart and of his peer group of face painting wierdos which play home made bongos and get high on invisible hookah pipes. I have to say i've progressed since all that sort of thing but it did used to be commonplace at universities when i was his age (early twenties?).
I did get annoyed by a crusty bloke on a train playing bongoes in front of me because they sounded absolutely awful but I felt I had to grit my teeth and pretend it was all "cool" but at least Freddie smiles, most pretentious twats who pretend they are good at playing bongoes do not. I appreciate good musical talent! Some people play the bongoes very well! It is usual to get involved in the music being played.

The fact that he doesn't play himself down though and try to fit in and be dragged down to the level of Lisa is really refreshing. After all, who looks like they are having more fun in life? And why should the dominant people of BB, (ie Lisa) be the ones to adhere to and have as role models? They reflect a very narrow view of the world and of society.
They all obviously want to break into some sort of showbiz career but showbiz always used to be about actors, musicians, artists, singers, writers, comedians... all creative people who entertained but which now consists of reality tv stars and their commonplace ideas.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Freddie claims he's going into politics and wants to inject some... his words.... youth and vigour into the conservative party and speak to younger voters.. so BB is a way of promoting himself. Fair enough. More people watching BB like him than they do Kris, Lisa or co, in fact he is one of the favourites to win along with Siavash.

So.... all in all... I like him as I think he has integrity and a steadfastness which doesn't allow himself to just buckle under and get trodden on.
He can unwaveringly look people in the eye and argue his points well when he is being treated unjustly.

With regard to the OP.... i'm not sure what to ay as i thought he was doing quite well in that department. :doom:
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I wasn't keen on the way Freddie yelled out to Siavash during a task this week. Siavash was pushed over during a race and Freddie said quite angrily "..... you fool!!" which I thought wasn't nice. I don't know if he apologised but he should have done. That is an insult to Siavash. Frddie should have noticed that he was in fact pushed over by the person who was not sticking to their own lane.

So anyway. I like Freddie but he's not my favourite and this example is one of the reasons why.

I also think he was making up porkies about his love life, maybe with the intent of making himself appear "cool" and nonchalant. I felt he was lying just by the way he was averting eye contact and seeming to be overly self conscious with his body language.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Well he was at it again in tonight's highlights.

He seems to have an unerring ability to misinterpret social interactions. He keeps pronouncing on them but consistently misunderstands them. He thinks he was having a good time with Kris and Sophie and that Kris finds him tolerable, he misunderstands he is annoying the pants off Freddie etc etc.

His lack of understanding of social situations and his detachment from reality and lack of social experience was highlighted in his description to some hm I can't recall of the fun experience he had in the party. It was obvious to the other hms and the viewers that he was manufacturing an account of his experience that bore no relation to reality and which is alas typical and causes others to ostacise him as a sad geek who is constantly trying to project some fun self-image.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

There is some evidence that Sophie does in fact like him but doesn't want to annoy Kris and a lot of what she says about Freddie is regurgitated Kris talk.
He is so feminine and unthreatening that some girls, especially shyer ones would find him ok company and Sophie is quite a shy girl who doesn't really like to express too many of her own ideas, out of self consciousness.

I know what you mean about the party task. It did seem as though Freddie came away elated (but sick) but to be fair, Kris does manage to shunt much of his aggravation under the carpet out of politeness when forced into that sort of situation and vents it with his friends later which is better, socially, than telling Freddie to his face how he really feels. What would that achieve? He has done that once and they have tried to move on from it. It's just one of those things and Kris just has to stomach it for politeness sake.

Return to “Freddie/Halfwit”