Post by Steffi »

:?
Giz

Post by Giz »

personality of a pea
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I think Kris is ok, just because he doesn't scream for attention or make a a prat of himself doesn't make him boring.

Unfortunately to be deemed interesting by great swathes of viewers and by the producers one has to be either freakish or offensive or overbearing or an attention-seeking idiot or some complete arse who is a figure of ridicule or some other socially inept character.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Flossie wrote:I think Kris is ok, just because he doesn't scream for attention or make a a prat of himself doesn't make him boring.

Unfortunately to be deemed interesting by great swathes of viewers and by the producers one has to be either freakish or offensive or overbearing or an attention-seeking idiot or some complete arse who is a figure of ridicule or some other socially inept character.
I don't think he is boring either. There are quite a lot of views that he isn't a nice person because of playing a trick on Freddie but I think he is ok as he does seem to be himself there is no posturing or going overboard to either please or offend but saying that he doesn't appear to be a "fence sitter" type as he does speak his mind with no problem. He doesn't appear to be sexist or foolish in front of women which I like and he seems to have a playful attitude but still strong.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Definitely. There is no posturing or pretence. He has the self-confidence to be himself without disguise. That self-confidence comes of course through being socially skilled and knowing how to treat others, though of course with being socially skilled and thereby the alpha male comes power, and power will inevitably be abused.

The trick on Freddie was pretty harmless, and I am uch more concerned about Charlie's real character then Kris' character which seems open, direct and easily understood.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I agree! Charlie's character is confusing to those who only see what he wants them to see because it causes them to question their interpretations of it and with that comes paranoia and introspection unless of course you just challenge him and not back down. In the case of "the joke", Kris made no attempt to pretend to Freddie that it was anything other than a complete set up whereas Charlie continued to try and feed the lie of feigned innocence and continue "the joke" and though Freddie thankfully didn't believe him and voiced that, he did just shrug it off.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I don't think Kris has had a lot of "air time" really. Lately most of the highlights have consisted of the Noireen/Sree storyline and Freddie. I wonder if Marcus picked up on the drama and put himself in the middle of it to maximise his exposure to viewers? :-k
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I have seen a rather less pleasant side of Kris recently, although this side of his character does seem to be directed at Freddie. In Thursday's highlights he was quite unpleasant to Freddie when Freddie asked him to focus on the shopping task and not to rest during the practise sessions. He seems to dislike Freddie and in yesterday's highlights the reasons became apparent when he criticised Freddie for having a supercilious and condescending attitude. I think I can see some resentment of Freddie's privileged background manifesting itself.
Last edited by Flossie on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Yes.
Giz

Post by Giz »

Giz wrote:personality of a pea

I reiterate
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

He had a late night convo with Soirin and Marcus last night and he demonstrated a thoughtfulness and fairness that has redeemed him slightly in my opinion.

He was sympathising with Noirin's complaint about Angel not contributing to the house.

I was beginning to be unsure whether his laconic style reflected a vacuous or a self-confidence and I am leaning back towards self-confidence.

I wish he would make up his mind whether he will behave in a manner that I will appreicate! It is getting annoying ! :D
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Oh Flossie *sigggggghhhh* :)

I think I know what you mean, but there is also a lot of evidence to suggest that your later assessment is more correct.

I believe there are better ways to approach the subject of sharing routine tasks around the house and if Angel is guilty of not washing up then so are a lot more of them. We also know why - as Marcus stated, he enjoys doing it! :o

What exactly was Kris' contribution to this discussion as I have not seen it. I am interested to know where you are coming from with this idea :)

Return to “Kris”