Poor Noirin

Moderator: The Global Mods

Flossie
Site Admin

Poor Noirin

Post by Flossie »

She responds to friendliness and affection from admirers in kind and then finds herself regarded with hostility if she isn't prepared to go further. She seems to be being blamed for not thinking through the consequences of responding positively to the advances of others. She is kind hearted and is reluctant to hurt the feelings of others who make advances towards her, but alas then suffers the longer term consequences of such actions.

She has instructed Marcus to refrain from making compliments in an attempt to discourage further advances. No doubt her critics would have wanted her to do such things earlier, but she can't help liking the affections and compliments of others and particulalrly from people like Marcus who she genuinely likes. I don't think she can criticised for bad motives, she is guilty only of not thinking in the longer term and that she is very desirable to others. Attractive people have many more hurdles to overcome and greater responsibilities to others than ugly people.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Nobody was hostile to Noirin :? I don't think Marcus was that put out really. People did start getting into their imaginations and branding him all sorts of weird and horrible things like a peeping tom and a psycho in waiting :( when really, he took it on the chin, gave her distance she wanted and dealt with it. Sree was just Sree, I don't think his feelings were strong he just wanted them to be something they weren't and he was so immature in his behaviour that it couldn't possibly be taken seriously.

This post is old news too as she has been playing with Marcus in bed.

I don't know what you mean by your last sentence Flossie, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some of the ugliest people alive are the most beautiful looking :( (Not including Noirin in that judgement).
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Well Noirin was getting quite a lot of hostility from Marcus. His accusation of her being "lazy" and that she "always" tried to "take the short cut", and that she demanded that people always "agree with her" and that she "gets away" with this behaviour was quite an attack, some of it to her face and some to other hms.

Alas this sort of thing is a function of her being attractive and unwilling to be dsimissive of the affection of others.

I completely agree that some of the most physically beautiful people have ugly characters, but for people like Noirin who are very attractive physically and in character, they do have to have considerable interpersonal social skills to fend over advances without causing offence.

Return to “Noirin”