Noirin feels alone in the house.

Moderator: The Global Mods

Steffi
Creative Hubster

Noirin feels alone in the house.

Post by Steffi »

She confided in the diary room and couldn't help but cry and show how vulnerable she is. My heart went out to her :(

I think she truly is finding it a struggle to be herself and she has no female friend as an ally. The closest she has to a sympathetic female friend is actually Rodrigo. Rodrigo has an underlying seriousness and empathic nature and unlike Freddie or Siavash, no attraction to get in the way.

I find it very sad that the three females Lisa, Karly and Sophie all consider her to be apart from them or unfriendly when it is clear to me that none of them have been able to bond with her because of their lack of intellectual ability - i'm sorry to say it, but it's true. They have immediately defined her as an aloof, siren of men and are treating her accordingly. They would never have wanted her in their group when Kris was around unless they could be sure of securing her votes for the opposing individuals. They have accused her of trying to hop between groups because they are too small minded to see that she is being sociable and they then accuse her of not being sociable and that they have all made efforts with her but don't have any reciprocation. Well.... which is it girls?

Siavash quite rightly pointed out to her that they weren't to be trusted because if he hadn't at that stage - she might still be unwittingly nominating the one group of people she could actually trust - and not the people who she shouldn't.

So anyway. I feel for Noirin. It must be very difficult for her as she has all these expectations of her being thrown up by other people and it is all too much. If she makes herself aloof, she is criticized for being unfriendly if she is friendly she is leading people on. It's a no win situation for her.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

An excellent post Steffi.

I particularly agree that the other women are simply too dim to understand what is going on and resent Noirin's intellect and smooth social skills.

Noirin moves between groups quite amiably, but to the Lisa clique and their territorial perspective this behaviour is seen as being disloyal, scheming and for self-advancement rather than simply being sociable and friendly.

I think she does feel lonely and for good reason, she has only got a few hms on her intellectual level and each of those has major flaws, Marcus she has to fend off twenty hour hours a day, Siavash feels aggrieved towards her, and Freddie is a bit of a social misfit and immature. She needs, as she said, a real man to keep her company.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

.. or a nice girl!
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Yes indeed, she is certainly lacking as you say some support from the girls.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I think she is feeling even more alone at the moment. She hads rebuffed Marcus and is even having to resort to getting advice from social misfit Freddie about how to handle loneliness.

It must be hard for her when the person she liked most has to be kept at arm's length.

She seemed to be seeking solice in Rodrigo when she asked him to make the rest of the week fun for her.

Return to “Noirin”