The Freddie versus detractors conflict

Flossie
Site Admin

The Freddie versus detractors conflict

Post by Flossie »

I think the conflict between Freddie and his detractors is going to be an interesting one and a microcosm of bigger issues in the world of international politics, society and group dynamics.

Is any human driven entity, an individual, a group, or a country best served when oppressed by a group of similar entities best served by highlighting the unfair treatment and challenging it or are there advantages to accept it in good spirits to avoud things getting worse and in the hope things will get quietly better?

There is a whole gamut of scenarios in which the oppression is small or great and the challenge is mild or aggressive, but I think the Freddie situation is an interesting middle of the road case. The oppression is not unbearable, perhaps, and the challenge he is making is robust but not aggressive. What is a winning strategy ? A question that politicans face in the whole range of politics from local all the way to international level.

It is appropriate that Freddie, the prospective politican, is faced with this socio-political decision for himself. From the highlights he seemed to be enjoying the sensation of taking charge of his destiny from those who seemed intent on mistreating him, even if his taking the initiative might make things less pleasant for him in the short term. Is this a case of short term pain for long term gain?
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

He does seem very robust and meets them head on, unwaveringly and without emotional tears or anger. I suspect this upsets them and they don't know how to deal with him. They clutch at straws and their points are invalid because they aren't true for a start. I think they realise they are a laughing stock, Lisa does certainly and she is on the defensive. They try to insist that he has made them look like bullies, that he has rigged, so to speak, the scenarios in which they have a confrontation in order to make them look bad. He says he hasn't made them do anything, which is the truth. Their own ignorance, petty mindedness, hostility and incapability of understanding and even attempting to understand has made a rod for their own backs, not Freddie.
They stereotyped him and that was that. Lisa lowered herself further by exclaiming that she didn't have a problem with him. How could she? Her brother was nearly a millionaire! This is so flawed. Money doesn't make the person. If he spoke with a cockney accent, dumbed down and swaggered a bit would he have been more acceptable do you think? They based most of their judgments on immaterial, inconsequential, superficial rubbish.

I think They might seethe and simmer for a bit but Freddie will be fine. I agree he did enjoy taking the initiative because not only do they expect him to turn away like a whipped dog (they spoke of themselves just leaving if they were him) but they expect him to be a wimp as he doesn't throw physical punches.
They are disgruntled but think they have the upper hand and are still in denial of the truth so can gather together and have their silly laughs, shunting him from the picture permanently because he has exposed them.

In answer to your post, yes.
Giz

Post by Giz »

Charlie "If it was me, I would go"

what he means is I wish he would go so we can get out of the awkward position of trying to deal with him, realisation may be dawning on Charlie that it might look bad for them.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Yes, I know.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

You say above that Lisa is aware she "is a laughing stock". Well I am not sure she is aware of any such thing, I don't think she is aware of very much at all. I am not sure she is regarded as much of a laughing stock, I think her as more as some embittered, spiteful, stupid non-entity who regards aggressive confrontation as the default way to interact socially. She looks for battles and to victimise and, before Marcus curtailed her behaviour, aspired to be a bully.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

I thought by the way she seemed to simmer down and gather her troops around her when they realised Freddie was not going to fight them in their own "language" that was perhaps a glimmer of self awareness on her part... I interpreted it as she might realise she is a laughing stock because she keeps on telling Freddie he is paranoid and patronising (because she cannot meet him on his level). I'm useless at explaining my reasons for thinking it. I wondered if she might be feeling that way. I wondered because of her constant accusations of "paranoia", "patronising" etc that she was feeling insecure of her own standing.

(simmering down and gather troops by way of taking up the seating space in the garden with their drinks, shunting Freddie out and putting on a show of bravado, jokey with one another whilst being perfectly aware that Freddie had not finished with them. Setting up an impenetrable circle and with their hostility, silently challenging him to dare break through it. He went inside.)

I agree with what you say. I see lots of things happening sometimes subtleties.

Return to “General”