No votes
Tom Oliver
No votes

Total votes: 4

Flossie
Site Admin

So who was your favourite hm?

Post by Flossie »

I was very worried at the start the selection was awful, and by the very end it seemed to get worse, but there were a few really interesting people, more than most years.
Sunnie

Post by Sunnie »

Siavash, just gutted Cairon went out so early, they could have provided lots of fun.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Cairon could barely communicate in English! :D
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

It's easy to have lots of fun in the early weeks but as the end draws near it is inevitable that the people remaining are always going to feel weary and in a transitionary period just waiting for it all to be over. By that stage, they've done anything they are going to do which has any entertainment value and the time left is spent grooming, eating, worrying about the future and generally behaving like tourists in an airport lounge. If any are lucky enough to have an actual bond of friendship, they will be fine but if they are at that stage over familiar and contemptuous or paranoid, sparks will fly easily.
As Cairon spent much of his time in the early days flat out or in repose, what would he have been like at the end? Comatose? :D

If Cairon had stayed we would have lost Freddie and I think his personality and character was an essential addition to the overall mix as he was so different.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I think watching an empty airport lounge would be much more entertaining than watching Coirin giving a career best attempt at being interesting.

Did the guy have any neurological activity at all?
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Flossie :doom: he wasn't that bad!
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

He could project surliness, now whether that makes him more or less interesting than an empty airport lounge is difficult to say :D
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Ohh yes he did.... *casts mind back* ..... surly, I remember. In fact I was quite worried about how he would conduct himself in the interview and was pleasantly surprised at his social ease and good manners.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

He was tongue-tied, timid, guarded and utterly dull in the interview, probably the worst post-eviction interview in terms of content and interest. They could definitely have used footage of an airport lounge instead there and had fewer complaints. Lisa's interview was worse because issues that should have been raised were not, but even she was more interesting than linguistically-challenged Cairon.
Steffi
Creative Hubster

Post by Steffi »

Yes, I suppose he was all of that.

Lisa's interview was a whole different -offensive americanism-!

Edit : 8-D haha! I knew it! I sooooo knew that would be in the filter. I was even going to make a footnote in my post then decided to wait and see so as not to dither the thread into another direction!
Giz

Post by Giz »

-offensive americanism-

:D

Return to “General”