An odd character trait combination or just precocious?

The blond aussie
Flossie
Site Admin

An odd character trait combination or just precocious?

Post by Flossie »

John James seems like a decent, principled and very perceptive bloke who considers the feelings of others and shows considerably maturity in some of his behaviour, yet he seems prone to strangely immature reactions to such minor things as the curled-lip expression of Rachel.

His extreme response to Rachel's facial antics may be driven by his dislike of her self-obsessive nature and her disdain for people she thinks are unattractive, but it does seem a little odd.

Perhaps he young age is enough to account for this quandary, his character and social skills are still developing, and perhaps in fact he is precocious with regard to his maturity and the sillier behaviour is simply what one would expect of someone of his age.
Triggers
Dancing machine

Post by Triggers »

This is not a defence of Rachael - I haven't seen enough of her yet - but JJ's behaviour and attitude towards her is bordering on obsessive and unfair. He is showing himself in a poor light as a result of it. IMO he is being a bit of a narse. Still early days.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Have you been watching the live feed?

I haven't seen the obsessive behaviour your describe on the highlights, of which I have now seen 99%.
Triggers
Dancing machine

Post by Triggers »

Flossie wrote:Have you been watching the live feed?

I haven't seen the obsessive behaviour your describe on the highlights, of which I have now seen 99%.

I think tonight's highlights exemplified the behaviour I was referring to. He is playing right into Rachael's hands because she can revel in her role of victim.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

He was awful tonight. I couldn't believe how unjustifiably aggressive and obnoxious he was in response to an inoffensive comment of Rachael's.

Quite how he thought he could justify being abusive to her as she engaged in a harmless private conversation across the table was quite incredible.
Triggers
Dancing machine

Post by Triggers »

This guy moves me to violent thought. He festers mentally, in my opinion.
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

What's he done to annoy you now? :D
Triggers
Dancing machine

Post by Triggers »

He irritates me. I dislike how he hyper-focusses on certain issues - and people - and engineers ways of venting his interminable, suppurating rage.

He goes on and on and on... Other than that he's alright :D

Return to “John James”