who would poke your eye out with his stick if he could catch you
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Home: Leicester
Job: Ex HM Forces
Starsign: Cancer

This straightforward ex-serviceman amputee currently lives in Leicester with his second wife of 14 years and has eight children.

When Steve was 20 he was injured by a bomb whilst on patrol in Belfast. He lost both of his legs as well as an eye. He now wears a black glass eye which his kids love as he looks like a pirate. Steve says he chooses to wear shorts exposing his metal legs. 'I purposely walk around looking the way I do. It's better to be open about who you are.'

Despite his disability Steve is a transatlantic yacht racer and recently took part in the Royal Ocean Yacht Race. Steve has been unemployed for the last 20 years but would never want an office job due to his outdoorsy nature.

Steve hates stuck up, self opionated, political people 'who think they know a lot about things when they don't'. He feels very strongly about, and lobbies for soldiers who have been injured. In the house he won't need to be fussed over but his fellow housemates may 'need to pick me up if I fall over'.

Return to “Steve”