I think Sunshine is growing on people

who thinks she can smile her way through her medical training
Flossie
Site Admin

I think Sunshine is growing on people

Post by Flossie »

I think she has toned down some of her more self-indulgent and childish antics and is now showing a more mature and considered side.

She demolished Ben with her complaints about his unwittingly demeaning comments to her and showed she was more than capable of conducting herself in a measured and firm manner.

I suspect that Z might even be moderating his dislike of the girl.

And she is still ferociously clever.
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

Yes I think she might be growing on people, but as she said, in the run up to eviction night she was determined to show people her best side. She can be mature - but I didn't like the way she was when Ben was giving his apology. At one point when he interrupted her, she said "You need to be quiet" - or something like that. She seems very controlling of the other person's behaviour, giving directives. She comes across like a headmaster admonishing a badly behaved pupil. Ben, I think, was intent on explaining where he'd been coming from when he'd said those things, but she wasn't interested in trying to understand, just intent on foisting her position on him and ensuring he stuck to it. I find that a really unattractive trait.

Also I couldn't believe that after hearing the crowd shout "Get Sunshine out" some of the others tried to convince her the crowd had been shouting "Get someone out". Anyone who's ever watched BB would know that's a load of rubbish. It's eviction night - of course they're going to get someone out!! The crowd's shouting is always targetted. The eviction is time-scheduled for TV so regardless of what the crowd might want, the evicted housemate isn't coming out any sooner! Logic should have told Sunshine all this.
Triggers
Dancing machine

Post by Triggers »

I am definitely warming to Sunshine. From a female perspective I think she is the one I would spend more time with in the house. I cannot imagine being in the Shabby/Caoimhe/Ife trio. Sunshine has come in for some harsh treatment from some of the housemates, and the way Caoimhe and Shabby talk about her is ridiculous. She is an individual, and I like her slightly eccentric ways :D So, I have had a bit of a change of opinion with regard to Sunshine.
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

Haven't watched last night's highlights yet. I agree, were I in the house, I'd probably have trouble with the Shabby clique. Corin, whilst she has a heart of gold and seems like a genuinely nice person, would probably drive me up the wall the way she blathers on sometimes with seemingly little direction to what she's saying. Josie would probably be OK - but to get any interesting or deeper conversation from any of the female housemates, it would probably have to be Sunshine or Shabby - and Shabby's wrapped up with her group.

I'm not entirely sure of Sunshine however. I'm usually drawn to eccentric people, but Sunshine's just a bit too eccentric for me at times or maybe she's just too self absorbed and attention seeking at times (although that's not an unusual trait in the BB house!). I've noticed on the highlights show, when housemates other than Sunshine are clearly being showcased for that particular episode of the highlights, Sunshine might drift past in the background dancing, or singing, or wearing some unusual outfit/hair accessory or dramatic lipstick and it looks like a ploy to get the cameras on her. It amuses me because the plotline being featured at that moment doesn't involve her, but Sunshine won't know that, and is making her periodic effort at attention grab anyway. However I will say that as she becomes more relaxed in the house, she does seem to be less attention seeking.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I will miss Sunshine.

She was outgoing, noisy, articulate, sweet, open and stimulating. Her attention-seeking antics were quite mild in comparison to the noisy, in-your-face behaviour of Shabby, and were reminiscent of a school girl, her bright lipstick and silly hats, and were free of malice or desires to manipulate the social dynamics to her advantage. She was just a bit silly and seemed to be genuinely concerned if she upset people or she had done something others had considered wrong. Still, as a potential doctor, one would expect her to have a firm moral framework and be willing to examine her behavoiur.

I would have enjoyed her company and conversation, she would have been interesting and enjoyable to talk to and she would always be up for a bit of fun and willing to stimulate and be stimulated.

I think I wanted her to be the winner in fact. She is a great loss, and now the forces of surliness, grumpiness, cynicism, and dourness in the form of Nathan, Steve, Keeva etc will be countered that little bit less.
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

I can't believe interesting housemates like Sunshine and Shabby have left whilst dullards like Nathan and Steve are still there.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I agree completely, the two most stimulating and interesting characters have gone, and we are left with a collection of the dregs.

Return to “Sunshine”