Vacuous or virtuous?

Boxing lad who has the same wardrobe as John James
Flossie
Site Admin

Vacuous or virtuous?

Post by Flossie »

JJ seems to be quite mature in his approach to life and doesn't seem prone to making huge social gaffes, he also appears to have some moral framework. Some might argue this makes him dull and uninteresting, but I believe people can be socially and intellectually competent and still appear to be interesting, does JJ manage this?
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

Yes I'd agree with you in your assessment. The thing is, he's not particularly interesting to viewers. He doesn't seem to have much of a sense of fun or be particularly witty, or become emotionally involved (or if he does he doesn't display it). Housemates don't have to be flawed to be interesting to viewers, but if they are they provide more to talk about - people can react to them in some way.

Housemates don't have to be screwed up to be interesting but whilst he's composed and appears competent, and is obviously loyal, he doesn't appear to have in his repertoire of positive personality traits those that would make him interesting viewing. I've only seen one JJ thread on Digital Spy, and that concerned him saying he didn't fancy Corin. He generates hardly any discussion on the forums.

Do you find him interesting?
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

No, I think he is a intellectually dull and inactive.

He seems to fit the classical stereo type of the streetwise bloke who fits in wherever possible and aims to attract the least controversy and social disruption.

He is the antithesis of the stimulating housemate, nothing he does or seems capable of doing challenges, outrages or engages with the viewer. He seems to basically decent, and that is it, and as you say he can't even manage a bit of witty chat.

Return to “JJ”