If it's news, it's here
Flossie
Site Admin

Coleen in the Daily Star describes Julie as bully

Post by Flossie »

Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

I can't decide what I think about the Coleen/Julie situation. On the one hand I didn't like Coleen at all on CBB as she was like a wet blanket much of the time and I was inclined to think that much of what she imagined Julie's attitude was towards her came from her own thoughts and feelings. She also did give Julie some cause to dislike her I think in some of the ways she expressed her attitude to her. Also, when they were the two sole, surviving females in the house towards the end and Julie was apparently saying to her that 'girls should stick together' in an indirect attempt to influence her nomination, Julie actually acted on what she'd said and didn't nominate Coleen. Coleen, believing that Julie was ingenuine, did nominate Julie.

Another thing I thought was odd was Coleen's reaction to Julie describing her (Coleen's) first meeting with her husband as romantic, whereas Coleen herself seems to have a very negative view of her first meeting with her husband. What's wrong with calling it romantic? Maybe it was from Julie's point of view. Just because not everyone shares Coleen's negative outlook doesn't make them wrong or mean they're lying.

On the other hand however, whilst I admire Julie's toughness and fighting spirit, she could be very two faced, for example kissing Mike before she want in to nominate, nominating him, then making a point of kissing him when she came out again. And Julie did have an odd way of expressing her aggression behind a smile. The scene where she kissed Coleen after the 'news broadcast' where it was revealed what Coleen had said about her not sharing cigarettes looked aggressive and intimidating to me. It was obviously invading Coleen's personal space in a way she didn't like at all. So I think Julie's an odd fish, and it probably is hard to know where you stand with her. Nevertheless, Samantha got on very well with her and both of them never spoke ill of the other, so Julie obviously isn't like this with everyone, and is loyal to friends - which makes me think there's something about Coleen which prompted it with Julie.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

I am stunned that you are so equivocal and seemingly confused about some of the interactions. Julie is a horrendous, venomous, spiteful, two-faced, manipulative and deceitful creature that spouts professed love to everyone she encounters and claims to empathise with any woes they may articulate.

She is like a paedophile parent that espouses love to an offspring and then abuses it. She is utterly revolting and her sense of entitlement was just repulsive and the venom she spouted when she felt her others were not paying her due deference and support was extreme and contemptible.

The only reason that Sam was supportive because she fell for the flattery that Julie offers to any interlocutor she is attempting to manipulate and recruit as a sycophant, and Sam was so stupid she never realised Julie's motives.

It seems to me that some people on forums have become inured to genuine distress and treated Coleen's distress as somehow artificial and manipulative! Bollocks!!!!!!

Julie's behaviour was consistent to all of her house mates, she flatters them to recruit them and if they show the slightest resistance she abuses them relentlessly, Coleen simply became a target because she couldn't be recruited, just like Prince Lorenzo, who was too intelligent and mature to be mesmerised by a bit of disingenuous flattery. Her kissing of Coleen after her moment as a tv presenter which superficially was sympathetic, was obviously venomous and spiteful and intended to manipulate, and she admitted later, in effect, to the motives I describe. That one act summed up her whole behaviour to other housemates. Yuckk!

The woman clearly lives a life of deceit, manipulation, conceit, abusing others, and selfishness, and I am stunned you haven't recognised it.
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

She also runs an animal sanctuary. :D
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

Because animals are probably the only creatures who will put up with her company!

Return to “News for CBB 2012”