Josie Gibson ('Big Brother 11')
Friday, August 27 2010, 11:40 BST
By Matthew Wood, Big Brother Reporter
Tweet this Digg this Send to friend More options
Josie GibsonRSS
Ultimate Big B…RSS
Josie from Big Brother 11
Channel 4
She may have walked out after only two days of Ultimate Big Brother but Josie Gibson captured the hearts of the public with a landslide victory in BB11, claiming 77.5% of the vote. Digital Spy caught up with the Bristolian to get her views on her future with John James, Sam Pepper and the potential romance between Chantelle and Preston.

You were the bookies favourite to win and you walked out. Talk us through it…
"I couldn't handle it no more. Because I come out and went back in again the walls started closing in on me and I had a mini-breakdown. I do feel like a bit of a Larry-letdown but I've never felt like that before, I was shaking and on edge."

How does it feel to win Big Brother with the biggest ever winning margin of 77.5%?
"That feels amazing. I can't get my head around that."

What happened when you left the house and how did you manage to bump into John James?
"I thought I was just going to go the pub, so I walked out. Then I carried on walking and just put my head down and heard [puts on an Australian accent] 'Josie, Josie!' It looked staged but it wasn't, he was waiting for a taxi because he just went in to do the video message."

Did you feel the same about John James when you left the house?
"Yeah, definitely."

What did he say afterwards?
"He just said he loves me and he is going to stick by me."

Did you spend the night with each other last night?
"No I didn’t because my friend Janette came down so I spent the night with her. You want to spend the night together when you have a straight head."

What does your Mum think of him?
"I reckon she loves him. Actually, I know she loves him because I spoke to her last night. He’s met the whole family!"

Have you ever felt like this about anyone else?
"Not like this, no."

How did you feel about Nadia’s comments about John James?
"It was quite hard to take because they all came in with opinions on our relationship. I hadn’t come out of the house so I didn't have the chance to talk to John properly."

What do you think about the Caoimhe situation? Were you jealous of her spending time with John James?
"Yeah, I was probably a bit jealous. In my eyes she made a beeline for me. I didn't think I was [being jealous at the time] but in the house everything is multiplied by about 6,000."

What does the future hold for you and John James?
"I don't know because we need to speak properly when my head's in a clearer place, I feel like I haven't slept for four days! When I know you'll know!"

Can you see yourself settling down with John James and having kids?
"Oh yeah, definitely. When you meet someone every girl thinks that at the back of their mind. It's early days, though, I don't want to scare the bugger off!"

You called John James asexual at one point, didn’t you?
"[Laughs] You don't realise what you’re saying in there, do you? I've got to shut my mouth from now on! Yeah, I did think he was one of them at first!"

Did you realise that Andrew had a crush on you?
"No I didn’t realise. I didn't realise it was a big crush."

What do you make of Sam Pepper?
"Sam Pepper is the loveliest, sweetest guy you will meet, he's so funny. In the beginning I didn't like him because he made a bit of a beeline for me, which he would admit to."

Did you feel inferior to the other Ultimate housemates? You said you were "normal" and they were "celebrities", were you intimidated by them?
"I feel really bad saying that now! I've grown up watching some of them people and it was like being in a new world talking about magazine deals and agents. I thought 'bloody hell, I'm sat in a bed next to Coolio, who do I think I am these days?'"

How do you feel about the Chantelle and Preston situation?
"Them two are so lovely. It's so nice how they get on so well. They have so much respect for each other. It's nice to see people who have split up not holding any grudges."

Return to “UBB News”