Site Admin

Nadia interview in the Daily Star

Post by Flossie »

NADIA: MY BIG BROTHER HELL
DAILY STAR SUNDAY
ABOVE: Ultimate Big Brother evictee Nadia Almada
5th September 2010
By Ed Gleave

NADIA ALMADA threatened to commit suicide last night after suffering a Big Brother breakdown.

Nadia Almada, 33, said killing herself appeared to be her only option after she left the Big Brother house to a chorus of boos on Friday night.

And in her only newspaper interview, she revealed that ­ viewers have subjected her to abuse, ­sending her hate mail and egging her car.

STAR OFFER: CLAIM £15 IN FREE BETS HERE!

The transsexual is even planning to take legal action against Channel 4 after claiming the show was unfairly edited.

Troubled Nadia exclusively told the Daily Star Sunday last night: “I want to end it all. I just feel my life isn’t worth living any more.

“I can’t carry on living the way I feel. I’m in the gutter and I’m completely distraught.

“Going back on Big Brother has ruined my life. I was the victim in that house but I was shown to be the villain.

“I’m just gutted. I hate my life so much right now and sometimes ending it all is the only solution.

“I’m at the lowest point I’ve ever been so I’m surrounding myself with friends and family and hoping God will be there for me.

“I was already in a vulnerable place and this has thrown me ­overboard. When this mess is over I just don’t know what I’ll do. I’m ­losing it. I’m emotional. This is the last thing I need in my life.”

Former winner Nadia polled 33% of the eviction vote on Friday night after falling out of favour with viewers.

And since leaving the house the she has suffered a torrent of abuse from fans.

Close to tears, she admitted: “My car has had eggs thrown all over it and I’ve had horrible notes sent to me, calling me a bitch.

“I’ve had to start avoiding people and stop answering calls. I don’t know how much more I can take.”

Nadia – born Jorge Leodoro – won Big Brother 5 in 2006 by a landslide vote of 74%.

But she claims Big Brother chiefs have left her for dead this time round. And she blasted bosses for the way they handled rapper Coolio, who left the house after a series of rows last weekend.

She fumed: “I feel betrayed by Channel 4. There was no loyalty from them, no duty of care. They failed to protect me.

“Coolio targeted me on the first night and he wouldn’t leave me alone. He kept asking about my gender status and he humiliated me over it.

“If it had been a racial slur they would have shown it but because it was against a transsexual they edited it out.

“They made it look like I wanted to leave over a pair of shoes but the truth is I was being bullied.

“I had a panic attack but that was left out as well.” Portuguese-born Nadia plans to call in lawyers over the way she was edited during her 11 days on the show, which ends on Friday.

She added: “I’m going to speak to Ofcom and I want a public apology from Big Brother over this.

“I will be contacting lawyers and solicitors because I want to take things further.

“I was lured on to the show with them saying it would be a ­celebration. But after this I don’t want to represent Big Brother any more.

“I don’t feel safe to go out. I feel frightened. Big Brother discarded me. This has destroyed me.

“I was the nation’s sweetheart and people embraced me. But now I’m the villain.”

Viewers turned against Nadia after she upset BB11 winner Josie Gibson, 25, by criticising her lover John James Parton, 24.

But last night Nadia stood by her comments and said she should not have to take responsibility for Josie walking out of the house just two days later.

She added: “I stand by what I said. John James did treat her unfairly and he isn’t genuine.

“She is such a lovely girl and she deserves someone better.”
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

“I was the nation’s sweetheart and people embraced me. But now I’m the villain.”

Pppfffffttttttttttttttttttttttt!

The wo/man is utterly deluded!
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

Most telling for me was:
I was the victim in that house but I was shown to be the villain.
She may well have been the victim of alleged abuse by Coolio, but there were situations in which she clearly wasn't the victim but the aggressor - for example her explosion over the cracked plate with Ulrika, or where she was attacking and careless of the feelings of others - for example laying into John James to Josie on her first night in the house.

Nadia hasn't been shown to be 'the villain' solely over the shoe incident on the highlights which related to Coolio. Rather it was the other two incidents predominantly that saw her voted out, yet nowhere in the article is she acknowledging this side of herself. I do think previously she saw herself in the role of victim - for example in BB5 she was struggling against prejudice and misunderstanding and wanting acceptance - and doesn't seem aware that she can also be an aggressor. When the role of victim was removed from her this time round, by virtue of the editing, and only the non-acknowledged nasty side of herself was presented, she went into meltdown.

Return to “UBB News”