PLate gate

Flossie
Site Admin

PLate gate

Post by Flossie »

Some people have defended Nadia for having a go at Ulrika.

To have a go at someone who left a plate, which had broken because it had been subjected to excessive heat and not dealt with for the same reason as disposing of a hot plate in a bin for instance is not sensible, immediately after they had finished cooking and serving a meal for many many people, and was in the middle of consuming the meal, is utterly ludicrous. There was nothing irresponsible, unhygienic or slovenly, which was the implication of Nadia's comments, about leaving the plate for a few minutes and dealing with it during the clearing up process following a meal.

Nadia's suggestion of disposing of the plate while it was still hot, by holding it with paper towels or whatever, was irresponsible and could have led to melting plastic contents of the bin etc etc. There was no need for urgent action to deal with the problem.

And of course, most maddening is that Nadia does absolutely zero for other people and is parasitically feeding off Ulrika's industry and then has the gall to complain to Ulrika that somehow she is not executing her role as chef and kitchen maid with sufficient effort.

Just unbelievable.
Anna
Analytical Hubster

Post by Anna »

I know, couldn't agree more. I think part of Nadia's argument was that broken fragments of the plate might have got into the food if it wasn't disposed of immediately but I don't know what I think about that argument. If I accidentally drop or break a glass, I do assiduously clear it away immediately for that exact reason - that small, undiscovered fragments can cause damage. I'd even stop cooking - or get someone else to take over the cooking - whilst I cleared it up. However plates aren't glasses and usually break fairly cleanly.

Whilst it's fine to differ in how you might do something however, it's not fine for Nadia to go honking mad and start bellowing over it and courtesy and sensitivity alone dictate that if Ulrika had just cooked for them all, Nadia might have made allowances for that, know that some gratitude and recognition was due, and gone softly in making her point about the plate.
Flossie
Site Admin

Post by Flossie »

As you say, plates are very different from glass and anyway, the plate seemed to be separated from the preparation area and was not in danger of getting involved with the food.

Return to “Nadia”