Can I embed Youtube and other videos in posts?

Ethos of the forum, policies, FAQs, and anything forum related

Moderator: The Global Mods

Flossie
Site Admin

Can I embed Youtube and other videos in posts?

Post by Flossie »

Yes you can

1) Each video in you tube has a VideoID which is the text following the "=" sign in a youtube URL, so for instance for the youtube video at "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJqOyHxgKg" the VideoID is "3qJqOyHxgKg". Select the VideoID in the URL and copy to the clipboard with Ctrl-C
2) Click in your post and press Ctrl-V; the VideoID will be inserted into your post.
3a) If you wish the video to appear at the default size then select the VideoID text by double cliking on it and then click the "youtube" button above the edit box, this will cause some tags to appear around the VideoID such as [youtube ]3qJqOyHxgKg[/youtube ] ( without the spaces), which will embed the video in your post .
3b) If you want to specify the size of the video, you will have to add the width and height as two numbers following the VideoID separated by spaces, then select all the text and click the "youtubesize" button at the top of the edit box, the resulting text should be similar to [youtubesize ]3qJqOyHxgKg 1000 600[/youtubesize ]
Flossie
Site Admin

Re: Can I embed Youtube and other videos in posts?

Post by Flossie »

Updated.
Flossie
Site Admin

Re: Can I embed Youtube and other videos in posts?

Post by Flossie »

Updated again.

Return to “Forum rules, FAQ, info”